Wednesday 7 February 2018

I have just popped in to tell you....

.... that I had such a lovely day today!

First up, I went to my second Personal Training Session with the lovely Maria.  Yes, I am taking up the gym again (I want to get fitter and healthier) but this time I am really serious - hence starting with Personal Training (I will keep up with my walks and Aqua aerobics, too, of course.)

So far, I am really enjoying the sessions with Maria, who is really encouraging and gives great guidance without yelling at me, and whilst I am not seeing any difference in the waistline yet I certainly feel better mentally!  Doing something really positive for myself.

Next, I had a lovely lunch with some ex-teaching colleagues - some of these ladies I have known since the 1980s!.  We had fun catching up and they were so interested in hearing all about my trip.

Then, I had a quick appointment with my GP, just to get the script for my blood pressure tablets renewed plus have my BP taken.  Guess what?  It was at the lowest it has been for ages - he was really pleased with me!

So, to celebrate, I popped into a gift shop just a few doors down from the doctors office which is having a massive closing down sale (must be the month for it - see this post about my LNS closing down) and bought this stunning jewellery box (I had been searching for just the right one for quite a while now) for a whopping 40% off!





I really need a new one to help organise my jewellery - so this will fit the bill perfectly - and this overseas traveller couldn't resist the  olde worlde map on the lid.

In the background of two of the photos, you can see some mementos from my travels.

The little Arpe (three-wheeled truck common in Sicily) and the salt and pepper shakers (which are almost like figurines) are from Caltagirone in Sicily (renowned for its ceramics).

Whilst the tiles spelling out my name in Gaudi-style and the flamenco dancer are both from Seville.

So, as I was driving home with my new acquisition (and the fixings to make a Waldorf salad on this hot, hot day), I thought to myself...

"What a lovely day I have had and how lucky I am."

Thanks for visiting, 

May all your days be lovely and lucky,

hugs, 


P.S. My Waldorf Salad was delicious and refreshing. Yum! Yum! Yum!







12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye well done with working on your fitness thats what i will do as soon as my ankle is able. Wow i love your new jewellery box,good buying my friend xx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely jewellery box, perfect for your travels. Doing things for your own good is a great feeling-good luck with your activities

gracie said...

A perfectly lovely day .....

Margaret said...

Sounds wonderful! Good for you for gettng back to exercising!

Vickie said...

Kaye I am so very, very glad for you that you have a personal trainer that is working well for you and YOU are doing it!! My youngest brother needs! to do it and tried. His personal trainer was very aggressive with him and demeaned him terribly. Now my brother has given up.

Mary said...

Kaye, The jewelry box is perfect for the world traveler that you are!! I love it! Congrats on having the determination to get fitter and having a personal trainer has to be very helpful and an inspiration to do well. A lovely day all around!! Mary

Linda said...

You always have such fun and interesting adventures Kaye.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

What a wonderful day! So glad your BP is doing well, that definitely means the gym time is helping. My GP says it's really hard to maintain as we get older, and you're moving in the right direction. I love her because unlike my last one she doesn't say "you need to lose weight!", she says "do you have a plan for the next year?" Keep it up as think of all the stitching time you'll have with more mental strength, and less frogs too maybe.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Dear Kay, you have survived a beautiful day! I like exercising with Maria!
Hugs!

deb said...

Very happy to hear you had such a good day! And good for you for working with the personal trainer - seems like that could make exercising a lot more interesting (as long as you don't have a drill sergeant).

deb said...

Oops - *also* meant to say that your new jewelry box is beautiful and the Waldorf salad looks scrumptious. :)

Brigitte said...

It's a great feeling to do something for one's health, isn't it? And there is also an instant reward when seeing that your blood pressure is lower than usual. When my blood pressure was slightly higher than usual my doctor recommended for me to take a walk five times a week for just half an hour - and since I am doing so I haven't had any more problems with my blood pressure. Your personal trainer seems to be really friendly.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...