Sunday 7 January 2018

A Saturday wanderings in London ....(London Part Two)

As I stated in my last London post....

"A Happy Reunion in London.... (London Part One)"


there was a lot of wandering around London happening this trip.  We have really been enjoying the architecture of the places we are visiting this time around.
  Here are a few of my photos.

Enjoy!




St James Park...








Interesting relief work on a building near Westminster Abbey...





.... and Westminster Abbey itself, of course!







Some Christmas Carollers in one of the larger Tube stations....



A trip to The Borough Market on Saturday morning.... we did a few London markets and really enjoyed strolling through them and sampling a few of their wares.


















DS2, his girlfriend, DD, my Dear Sister and DD's boyfriend.



... and I also met up with a dear friend from Oz, who is now living in London.  Lovely to see you again, dear Ele.


Then it was a walk along the Thames to our afternoon engagement (next post) of Bagels, Boardgames and endless Prosecco!








Now, this is the Walkie Talkie Building in the next picture.

"A London skyscraper dubbed the Walkie Talkie has been voted the most hated building in Britain.The tower – which is officially known as 20 Fenchurch Street – was today crowned the ugliest building in the country and handed the annual Carbuncle Cup. The 37-storey office tower in the City of London, which has melted car parts by reflecting sunlight, was deemed the most hated building in a unanimous decision by judges."

You can read the full article here.



I much prefer Tower Bridge...



.... and the Tower of London....  (which unfortunately, I missed visiting this time, as when my dear sister went to visit it on the following Monday, I was stuck in bed in the Air BnB with Gastro!!!!!)

















And lastly, the famous, exclusive White's Gentleman's Club ...  (which apparently started its life in 1693 as a Hot Chocolate Emporium!)  and no, they did not let me in!


So, that is all for this post, stay-tuned for more soon.


Previous Europe Trip 2017/8 posts:

"A Happy Reunion in London.... (London Part One)"



Remember, you can see more up-to-the-minute photos if you follow me on social media....


FB: Kaye De Petro

Instagram: Kaisievic

hugs, 



9 comments:

Barb said...

You have posted so many wonderful photos of London. Westminster Abbey is so magnificent!! Thanks again for sharing!!

Margaret said...

I've been enjoying your instagram posts! Love seeing your London pics -- I want to go back so badly. Love London! so great that you got to meet DD's boyfriend and do other visiting as well!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely photos Kaye.I always thought the 'Gherkin' building 30,St Marys Axe was unprepossessing when I viewed it on tv until I actually saw it up close and personal,now I am rather fond of it. You are making lovely memories.

Tiffstitch said...

Great photos! I've never been and hope to go some day. Possibly 2019, depending how things play out. I'm sorry to hear you were sick though.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful photos! I think you missed a few sights and must come back again. In the Spring maybe.

Carol said...

What fun to be in London at Christmas time, Kaye! Really enjoying your IG photos--especially from Spain as it brings back wonderful memories of our trip to Barcelona, Granada, and Seville in 2011 :)

Linda said...

Great pictures Kaye. Looks like such a fun trip.

Linda

RJ said...

What a wonderful trip you are on Kaye. I really enjoyed your photos of all the beautiful areas of London. I have not been there for at least 30 years but I remember it as a truly special place. Enjoy! RJ

Brigitte said...

So many wonderful pictures from London. I was enjoying them thoroughly. Particularly the ones showing Westminster at night.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...