Tuesday 9 May 2017

The Alphabet Club_Saturday Detention for V....


is for



Yes, the mainstay breakfast spread of every Aussie kid....




It is yummy, delicious and best spread on toast!



Yum! Yum!

However, if you are a novice Vegemite eater, it is suggested that you start slowly.



Believe it or not, a lot of research goes into how best to eat Vegemite.






... and, of course, Vegemite was immortalised in one of our de facto Australian Anthems ...



.... Downunder by Men at Work....


If you would like to read more about the history of Vegemite, check out this website.


Anyway, that is all from me for the Letter V but let me explain what The Alphabet Club is all about ....

  It is the brainchild of Chiara from The Grey Tail and Jo from Serendipitous Stitching and is loosely based on the premise of the movie "The Breakfast Club" - you can see the button for The Alphabet Club on my right sidebar.

On the first Saturday of each month, members of the club have "detention" and have to post about something that will enlighten others about their culture (as blogland is so diverse).  Of course, there should/could be something stitchy in there, if possible (although I seemed to have moved right away from that premise as the months have gone by, instead focusing on boring you all with quirky facts about Australia - lol!)

Each month will be a different letter of the alphabet - hence the club's name - and, of course, we started with "A" and now we are up to "V".

The Alphabet Club

You can see everyone's Alphabet Club posts, here.


hugs,
 

P.S.  Lastly, I would like to invite you to join in the fun of my Merry Xmas in July exchange.  Just click on a present below to sign up.


9 comments:

Anthea said...

What a very entertaining "V" post, Kaye... I love Vegemite, but I don't spread it thick... love that sharp, salty hit in the morning on toast!

cucki said...

Aww awesome post
Love and smiles x

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Interesting V post.We can buy Vegemite here in the uk now..think I need to try it.

deb said...

Such fun - thanks for the Vegemite education. The commercial was delightful. :) I'll have the Land Down Under in my head for the rest of the evening, but that's fine since I've always liked it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Men at Work song was probably the first time I heard of Vegemite. I have no desire to try it! It is pretty iconic though, in the same way Marmite is.

Margaret said...

I tried vegemite once. Hadn't been told how much to put on the toast though. Ick! lol! I'll have to try again sometime. I've heard this is milder than marmite? Or was it the other way round?

Melinda Forbes said...

I have learned so much about Vegemite from flosstube. And so excited you did your whole V blog post so I can learn even more. It's quite amazing

Julie said...

I'm s marmite girl, spread on a sandwich with grated cheese .... delicious.

Brigitte said...

Absolutely great, this V post, Kaye. I've seen people mention Vegemite in their posts/emails but of course I have never known what it is. Now I know more, lol. If I will ever get to Australia, I'll try it.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...