Wednesday 1 March 2017

February, January and last December Smalls SAL post_2017...


#1 - Finished in December, 2016


This is a very sweet Freebie design from Designs by Gloria and Pat on the Candy Cane Stitchers Group on FB, just scroll down to October 18 (although you do need to be a member of the group, I think, to see all of the pics.

I stitched it on 28 ct Ivory linen, using my own choice of floss.


#2  January - Frosty Friend

I am happy to say that I have finished January from Rainbow Gallery's 2004 Stitcher's Surprise Series.


I used an unknown Blue fabbie and mixed up all of the floss choices, plus I added a silver snowflake charm, courtesy of my dear friend, Sue.  I may still, if I can find suitable ones, add small black buttons for his eyes.



#3  February - Is Winter Done?


 I am also happy to say that I have finished February from Rainbow Gallery's 2004 Stitcher's Surprise Series

... and I am very happy to say it is a FFO as well.  I used on old frame I found when cleaning out my parent's house (I now have a box full of them) and I intend to rotate each month through it once I have them all stitched.  There was supposed to be a ground hog in the top left corner but he just looked like a blob to me, so I left him out and replaced him with the lace border and added the heart bell.  I am really happy with how February turned out.  Stitched on 28ct overdyed linen with my own choice of floss.



#4 A Spot of Winter


This is my "Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL" SAL, which I am doing with dear Jo.

The design is part of a series by The Drawn Thread.  Stitched on 28 ct blue Lugana with my own choice of threads and the beads are also a design choice that I made - again, pretty pleased with how this turned out.  Now, onto Spring!


#5, #6 and #7 

 Days 1, 2  and 5 of The Twelve Days of Christmas by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery (stitched for the January and February themes on the Christmas Ornie SAL blog).




Where the piece is up to altogether, and as you can see I have finished Day 5 as well.

and lastly, #8

The Moon from Halloween Happiness by Imaginating (January's theme for the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL blog


(Unfortunately, I am a bit behind on February's Witch theme).

Anyway, that is all my Smalls for now,  

Please click here to see lots of other great Smalls from other stitchers.

hugs, 





21 comments:

Vickie said...

How nice to see the Rainbow Gallery Surprise Series! I have those printed off and they wait and wait and wait. I WILL get to them. They are so cute!

Melinda Forbes said...

You have so many wonderful finishes. They are all super but I feel the need to give a special shout out to January Stitchers Surprise and the wonderful Halloween piece.

Mary said...

Your finishes are so pretty.

AnaCristina said...

I love all but I love more january because I love snowman!! The temperature in my city in winter is around 20°C and it is very cold for us!! LOL

Kerryp77 said...

So many lovely finishes. I really like December and a spot of winter. Very pretty. You've had that needle moving some Kaye!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

So much lovely stitching in one post.I do like 12 Days Of Christmas,alot.

Mini said...

Lovely finishes and a lot of them.

Kay said...

I really should do more smalls, as they come up quickly and at least I would have something finished!!. I have so many patterns just waiting to be done, including the monthly ones. I love the colours you have used for January. x

Linda said...

Wow Kaye. Congrats on all of the adorable finishes. I started Halloween Happiness a few years ago and haven't touched it since.

Linda

Justine said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love everything. The changes you made to the February sampler are very clever, the lace border suits the design perfectly. And I LOVE that snowman.

Manuela said...

So many wonderful finishes.

Mii Stitch said...

Great little crosses all over the place :)
The snowman looks awesome & love the overdyed thread effect too.

twinpeakprimitives said...

You've been so productive Kaye! Congrats on each finishes ♥♥♥ All are so lovely ♥

Greetings from far away
Nurdan

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I was thinking "wow, Kaye has stitched a lot" when I saw the title of the post, its still good work for two months.
Love the RG months, I also have them saved on the PC.
I was thinking about the Spot of Spring this morning!

deb said...

Wow, that's a LOT of stitching! Two months or not, there's a lot of work there - congrats to you for finishes and progress.

Carol said...

Goodness, that is an impressive group of finishes, Kaye! I love all of them--especially A Spot of Winter. How nice that you can make use of the old frames for the monthly Rainbow Gallery pieces (and groundhogs do look like blobs--at least ours do :)

Julie said...

12 Days looks splendid, I do like that one

Stitching Noni said...

Wow! busy girl! Love all of your finishes... The Rainbow Gallery series is so lovely.. I am sure that I have them somewhere - think I might have to dig them out again :o)
Hugs x

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Kaye, such a lot of eye candy in one post. These smalls are all so very pretty. I love the Rainbow Gallery series and have already stitched several of them for my monthly baskets. Unfortunately my smalls stitching has come to a halt because I want to stitch big projects all the time, lol.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! "A Spot of Winter" is my favorite. So sweet! :D

Heather said...

Wow great progress!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...