About Me

My photo
My name is Kaye and I am 58 years old. Unbelievably to me, at my age, I have now just embarked upon my third career - as a History Education Consultant! I love to cross stitch and quilt, especially with my kittens, Furio and Milo "helping" me. I also love to read, I have a passion for history and I have been cooking since I was about 12 - move over Junior Masterchef! So, this blog, which started out as a cross stitch blog sometimes morphs into a reading journal or a history lesson (sorry, I used to be a secondary teacher before I became a publisher and now a consultant) or a post about my cooking mojo. Whatever it is, this blog is alway about me, my family and my life here in Eaglemont, Victoria. I have been happily married for over 30 years to the most wonderful man and we are blessed with three beautiful grown up children.

My fellow stitching kittens

Friday, 20 January 2017

Just a Quick, Quirky Post ...

... just because I found it so fascinating and interesting .... and I am a history and Americana buff.  Click on the photo below:






Fascinating, isn't it?  

I can't stop thinking about the shrunken First Ladies - lol!

hugs, 

10 comments:

Bea said...

So, if you had been there, who would you have bid on? Money no object of course!

I am said...

Hi Kaye i find history so interesting too,hope you have a lovely day.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Love that site!

Stitching Noni said...

I can't believe that they were sold... goodness me imagine having a wax figure looking at you everyday from your lounge room! How typical to treat the First Ladies as a lower icon than the boys... That's why the US needs a female President!
Interesting article, thank you for sharing it Kaye :o)
Hugs x

gracie said...

Interesting....

Christine M said...

Thanks for the link, Kaye. That was an interesting read.

Margaret said...

Who would buy these things? Seriously. lol!

Brigitte said...

Very interesting. But I'm not sure if I would buy a wax figure no matter who it represents to have it in my house ... no, not seriously.

Julie said...

Interesting reading.

Heather said...

I heard about these. Rachel Maddow got the green chair one in the article

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...