Sunday 29 January 2017

Easter Exchange 2017....

Okay, I am trying to be more proactive and organised with my Stitching blogging this year, so in the spirit of this, I have decided to host my first ever Exchange!

Woo Hoo!  I hear you all say (hopefully!).  So, as Easter is on its way on April 14th to 16th (well, hot cross buns are in the supermarkets already!), I thought let's have an Easter Exchange.


So, here goes with the rules:

  1. Open to swapping worldwide (although make sure that you leave enough time to post overseas, if that is what you are doing).
  2. No need for a blog but you must be an avid cross stitcher/quilter/crafter.
  3. Post your gifts to your recipient so that it arrives by Easter.
  4. Open your gifts on Easter Sunday and blog about it asap.
  5. Comment on this post only and BE CLEAR that you want to take part in the Exchange and BE CLEAR if you are NOT willing to post overseas and would prefer to post only within Australia (however, depending upon the number and locations of participants, be aware that this may not be possible).
  6. If you are a No-Reply-Commenter, please include your email address in your comment or email me directly at kayedep@gmail.com - otherwise I cannot contact you.
  7. There is a strictly "No Extras" rule.  So if you feel like you're the type of person who loves to add extra items to your swap, then this is not the swap for you.  We want to keep things simple.
And, what are we sending?  Let's keep it simple - much easier and much more achievable.


  • A handmade Easter or Spring-related item (could be a cross-stitched bunny or chick or a mug rug, or a cross-stitched card, etc).
  • Some Easter treats (chocolates or the like)
  • Wrapped up in some Easter or Spring-like fabric 
(I know, I know, Easter is not in Spring here DownUnder but Easter and Spring seem to go together better design-wise).

Okay, so, if you would like to play.

Please comment on this Post only (take note of the rules above) BY SUNDAY 4TH FEBRUARY.


I will then try to get everyone paired up by Wednesday, 7th February, to give us plenty of time to get crafty.

Hugs, 


P.S. Feel free to add the Exchange button (above) to the sidebar of your blog.

P.P.S. Don't forget to join in the fun of my second Girl's Nest Giveaway for 2017. Entries close on Feb 5th.  Good luck!






9 comments:

Ariadne said...

Although I decided I will mainly be working on WIPs this year I really want to take part in this!I am willing to send everywhere in the world. It is great that both our Easters (Catholic and Orthodox) are on the same day this year so I too can open my parcel on the same day as everyone else. So count me in!Just a question!Can it be a cross stitched card?Or does it have to be a finished piece (pin cushion etc).AriadnefromGreece!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Count me in too, lynda Ruth Jasmine_Ms.Button@hotmail.com

Brigitte said...

Sounds wonderful this exchange but unfortunately I can't join in this time. Maybe next time?

Astrids dragon said...

Oh Kaye, what fun! Yes, please count me in. Although it will be hard for me not add anything else, I'll be good!

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely idea.... count me in. :o)

Carm said...

I would like to do this, too haircarm@live.com

Tiffstitch said...

Count me in too! I can post worldwide.

Kay said...

I would love to talk part too. I don't have a blog but have previously taken part in swaps organised by Mii Stitch, and Stitch, Create, Exchange, as well as on the exchange forum at Cross stitching.com. I am happy to post anywhere. x

Deb said...

Kaye, if I am not too late I would love to take part in your exchange. I would be happy to mail anywhere. I do not have a blog, but my email is drbutler03@gmail.com

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...