Thursday 25 September 2014

Smalls SAL update and TUSAL update for September

Two of my regular updates happen to  be falling around the same day again this month - TUSAL and Smalls SAL.

What are these, I hear you ask, well, a TUSAL is a Totally Useless Stitch A Long, where we collect our ORTs (Old Raggedy Threads) each month - it is sort of like a record of how much ( or little) we have stitched.  It is run by the wonderful Daffycat and you can check out all of the other TUSALers on her blog It's Daffycat.

Also each month I participate in the Smalls SAL run by Stitching Lotus.  On the last Wednesday of each month we post about the Small/s we have stitched for that month.  (A Small being whatever you like but just not a big project).

So, here we go:

These are my ORTs since May - Home on the left and train/plane on the right.



Now, I have been a bad Smalls SALer, as I have not posted since May - so that is June, July and August missing!  ... and I have finished a few things since then!

Let me show you:

Days 5, 6 and 7 of Prairie Schooler's 12 Days of Santa:




"Land of Liberty" by Bent Creek which was a Travelling Pattern.


A couple of Halloween pieces:


 Little Sheep Virtues SAL - "Hope" by LHN:


A stitched and patchwork panel for an upcoming quilted bag:


Springtime Messenger:


The mug rug which I could only show you part of last time:


Some Christmas in July pieces:




... and some Fruit Swap items:



... and a couple of Strawberries mini pillows:


Well, I think that is it - there may be more but if I find any I will add them to next month's Smalls SAL update.

One last thing, it is not too late to join in the fun of the Swapaway which dear Kim and I are hosting. Click the picture below or on either side of my sidebar. Closes October 1st.



I am going to pop over to Heather and Daffycat's blogs now to see what everyone else has been up this month.

hugs, 

26 comments:

cucki said...

lovely stitching..beautiful projects..
yummy orts x

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye ,I so love your work,thankyou for the show and tell.xx

marina said...

such gorgeous stitching projects!

Emma/Itzy said...

You've been a busy little stitcher!! Put me to shame :D hehe. May I ask where the snowflake tree pattern in from? Its just adorable! x

Vickie said...

Yes, that is a lot to get caught up with you on! I love day 7 with Santa and the swans.

Sarah in Stitches said...

You've been busy! Amazing collection of Small finishes :D

Thoeria said...

I'd say you certainly have redeemed yourself Kaye :) You've done loads! And all beautiful!

sew.darn.quilt said...

You have so many wonderful pieces. They're absolutely lovely.

Frances said...

WOW! You have done some lovely stitching! Very productive time for you!! YAY!

Linda said...

Amazing Kaye. Congratulations on all the awesome finishes.

Linda

Preeti said...

You have so many finishes! All are very pretty:)

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Everything is so beautiful !!!
Now, will the current halloween pillows:-) are wonderful, the substance is well chosen !!!

KimM said...

Holy Moly! You've been a busy girl! Your stitching is lovely, lovely.
SSF
xxx

Lija Broka said...

That is quite a few finishes ... and very on time! I now have about a month to complete this check-in's smalls finish - sigh. My favourite is the sheep (obviously) and the liberty

Melody said...

Beautiful stitching.

Pamela said...

Wow! Amazing finishes.

Michelle Ridgway said...

A feast for the eyes Kaye. I love TUSAL....great!

Barb said...

I love all the "smalls" You are a very inspiring stitcher!

Anne said...

Lots of wonderful stitching and finishes! I especially love the Halloween! :)

Margaret said...

I love seeing all your finished pieces together in one post. Lovely!

Sally said...

You have been busy Kaye. Love all your stitching.

Magiczny Świat Krzyżyków said...

Dużo pięknych małych haftów. Pozdrawiam.

Anne said...

Wow Kaye! You've done some amazing finishing lately! Love the quilting for the bag!! The snowflake frame is so pretty and perfect for that piece. Gorgeous Christmas Noel box and the mug rug is so pretty too. I just wouldn't put a mug on it in case I spill something!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, you have stitched and finished alot over the last couple of months!

I had the wrong date for the Smalls SAL so I'll be posting tomorrow with Theme-a-licous. oops.

Brigitte said...

Wow, these smalls are more than a couple of months worth. Wonderful!

Stitching Noni said...

Wow, what a great update :)
Hugs xx

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...