Wednesday 24 September 2014

Busy, busy, busy.....

.... receiving mail, sending mail and doing some patchwork.


First of all I received all of these Weeks Dye Works threads in the mail, I bought them from a lady in England who was selling off her stash - there are literally 100s!  So, I am going to record them all and bag them in ziplock bags, one for each letter of the alphabet.


Then, I had to go to the Post Office to send off all of these goodies:  My Halloween Ornie Swap item, some cross stitch designs I am sending to a friend in England, an overdue Spring Bunny which I needed to send to another friend and lastly, the Travelling Pattern and the FLAG goodies to Kathy.


Lastly, one of my dear friends from book club has offered to make me a quilted craft bag but I needed to create the front panel and she will do the rest.  So, with a bit of stitching and quick patchwork after work tonight, here it is:



(Sorry, I do not know why the photos have a yellowy tinge)

Well, off to make dinner, then book club (our book this month was the marvellous "Stoner" by John Williams)

Thanks for visiting, 

hugs, 

P.S. Don't forget  it is not too late to join in the fun of the Swapaway which dear Kim and I are hosting. Click the picture below or on either side of my sidebar. Closes October 1st.



20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye your bag is going to be lovely,enjoy your evening my friend.xx

gracie said...

Wow, that looks like lots of threads! I love the patchwork you made ans look forward to seeing the finished bag. Betty says hello! lol

Mii Stitch said...

A fab stash of threads!!!!! Lovely ;)

Anthea said...

Wow that's a lot of threads to sort out Kaye!
Your bag will be so lovely, I love the bunny design....

Margaret said...

Love the panel you made for the craft bag. What a sweet friend to make it up for you!

cucki said...

Oop I love that bag panel so much..from my heart -<3
Yummy threads..
Enjoy xx

Vickie said...

ooOoo! THAT package of floss must have been SO exciting to receive!
Your bag is going to be fabulous.

Dani - tkdchick said...

There is nothing I love more than sorting and organizing!

You are going to have a beautiful book bag!

Unknown said...

So many exciting things in your life. How can you find enough time?

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah in Stitches said...

Amazing goodies! That's a lovely front for the craft bag. Can't wait to see the finished product! :D

Preeti said...

So many colorful threads! Your bag front is cute:)

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Kaye, I admire your active life! You still have something wonderful to work:-)
I look forward to a new bag!

Emma/Itzy said...

Busy lady! x

Mouse said...

hellooo the bag is going to be lovely and the yellow tinge is from your lights .... as its a yellow light not a bright white light :)

love your new stash and think I know where you bought them from too ..lol hope you enjoyed your book club :) love mouse xxxxx

marina said...

what a lovely stash of threads.
Your bag is going to be gorgeous. that is one of my favourite cross stitch designs...

Christine M said...

Can't wait to see you bag, Kaye. I love that little rabbit stitching.

Linda said...

Nice floss haul Kaye. Have fun separating them. LOL Love the panel you created.

Linda

Thoeria said...

Oh what lovely new staash Kaye! Don't you just love the thrill of sroting through new bits?
I've got that little design in my to do pile too.....love your idea of using it as a bag panel :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great thread bargain there, it must be so much fun sorting them out and playing with them!

The parcels all waiting to go look lovely too, lukcky recipients!

I stitched the Patrick Woods rabbit a while back, I scrapbooked him in a crazy Alice in Wonderland themed page.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...