Saturday 10 December 2011

Christmas Festivities

Hello lovely bloggers,

Not much stitching has happened this week.  Partly because I have had a sore neck, partly because I have caught up on some reading today, partly because it has been rather a hot week here in Melbourne and partly because I have been busy with some Christmas functions.  I just love this time of year - although I must admit it is not great for the waistline.  And because my neck is playing up I have not been able to go swimming this week.  Had another trip to the Osteo today and she thinks that I will be right to go back in the water on Monday.

So, no stitching pics but I do have some other pics for you.  For our Bookclub Potluck Christmas dinner I made a Ginger Passionfruit trifle.  It was a really easy recipe to make - it is one of Nigella Lawson's Express recipes.  You can find the recipe here and here is my finished trifle:



But first I had a helper - can you just see Furio's little ears showing over the bench?

He is really into it now:

 The following are some lovely photos of my Bookclub friends (not all of them, though) - we have been meeting every month to discuss books for over 14 years now!



We had a really fun night.  

Well, off to cook dinner now and then out to see "Moneyball" with DH and some friends - so no stitching tonight either.  But tomorrow it is definitely on my agenda.

Merry Xmas hugs, Kaye xoxox

5 comments:

cucki said...

hello dear, i hope your sore neck feel better soon...
thank you for the recipe..trifle is looking so yummyyyy :)
beautiful pictures..glad you had a fun night..i can see furio ears..lol..so sweet.
keep well and have a lovely weekend xx

Linda said...

The trifle looks yummy and I love your furby helper. Hope your neck feels better soon.

Anne said...

Mmmmm! That trifle looks delectable! I love the little ears peeking over the counter :D

I've never been in a book club but it sure looks like a lot of fun!!!

Hugs!!!!

Lynn said...

Thanks for the link to the recipe. I told our stitching group that I'd bring a trifle to our Christmas get together on Tuesday. I haven't decided yet what kind I'll make.
Fourteen years, that's great that you have been meeting for so long. It must be a great group of ladies.

Stitchabilities said...

Yummy trifle, will have a look at the recipe!

Wow Fourteen years of book reviewing, I wonder how many books you have read then in that time?

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...